The Scheme aims at enhancing the skilling capacities in ESDM sector through public and private sector for students/unemployed youth belonging to other disciplines by:
- Utilizing the existing human resource who are undergoing studies in schools (IX standard onwards)/ITIs/Polytechnics/UG Colleges (non-engineering) and the school drop outs/unemployed youth by providing them with additional skills that are recognized by industry for employment in ESDM sector.
- Encouraging new investments in training in ESDM sector by industry.
- Facilitating evolving of process/norms for
- Certification of various courses;
- Providing opportunities for moving up the value chain; and
- Recognition of institutions for conducting such courses, as per requirement of Industry in the ESDM sector
To provide financial assistance for facilitating skill development for 3,28,000 persons in ESDM sector by involving the States/UTs in the country for improving the employability of the students/unemployed youth
Duration of the Scheme:
The scheme will be in operation for four (04) years
Total outlay of the Scheme:
The total budget outlay of this Scheme is Rs.410.94 crore (approx) out of which the Grant-inaid would be Rs. 354.85 crore (approx).